Drupal 8 Released - time to upgrade
This month saw the release of Drupal 8.0.0 which Is is a rewrite of Drupal over Symfony bringing the codebase into working with OOP and Twig. If you have a site running on Druapl 7 It is now time to start planning the upgrade to version 8, but don't worry we are here to help you through it! An upgrade will bring your site up to date and bring it in line with the latest security updates and features.
There are many new Improvements in the new Drupal 8 that excite us, Some of the new features in Druapl 8:
- In-context, what-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG) editing and previews
- Comprehensive content modeling out of the box with entities, fields, and views Customization of content pages and even forms and administrative pages via the administrative interface
- Full translatability and localization out of the box
- Reliable configuration management for safe and straightforward deployment of changes between environments
- Mobile-first, responsive, HTML5 output REST-first native web services Enhanced accessibility and WAI-ARIA compliance
- Modern PHP standards and practices, with the integration of popular libraries such as Composer, Symfony2, Guzzle, and
- Twig Significantly improved front-end performance out of the box Enhanced caching and best-of-class integration with
- CDNs and reverse proxies Full compatibility with PHP7, and the PostgreSQL and SQLite databases
If you are looking to update your site and migrate from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 we can help, get in touch and start the conversation.
We are Digital Source
Come to the source of your online presence